To avoid sales tax charges, salon orders should be placed by Electronic Product Ordering, email, phone, or fax. All website orders will automatically be charged sales tax when applicable.
Below is information regarding commonly asked questions and special circumstances that pertain to ordering product. Please review carefully. Unfortunately, human error may occur. Salon Innovations focuses daily on improving processes to reduce errors. We take pride in our consideration of the customer. Our organization will be happy to correct any mistake you may find with your order.
- Phone: 1.800.433.5980
- Monday – Thursday 8am – 5:30pm CST
- Friday 8 am – 4 pm CST
- An after-hours order voicemail box is also available.
- Fax: 763.545.7867
- Website: Visit the SHOP page (To avoid sales tax charges, do not place salon orders on the website).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request an “Excel order form” from Customer Service or download an Order Form on our website. This user-friendly format is great to create, save and email your order.
- Salon #
- Salon Address
- Product code and description of item to be ordered
- Stylist and personal orders are welcome. These orders are charged to a credit card before shipping. Please communicate this type of order to the representative prior to providing the salon information. This will assist in the efficiency of processing your order.
The Salon Innovations website is built to fit the personal needs of stylist and franchisee orders. It is not designed as an ordering solution for salon’s retail inventory. Therefore, we are obligated to follow Manufacture pricing regulations for selling products online directly to stylists vs. our negotiated pricing for salons retailing the product.
All website orders will automatically be charged sales tax when applicable.
- We are experiencing issues loading the Checkout page when certain web browser settings prevent cross site tracking. Please try using a different web browser, or finding a strong wifi or secure network.
- Review packing ticket. If the item is not reflected on the packing ticket, please reorder.
- Have all the boxes been opened? At times, product is packed within smaller cartons to provide additional stability to the larger boxes. It is common for these smaller boxes to be set aside.
- Double-check products received. Some bottles/packaging can look very similar or identical.
- Did we accidentally ship the incorrect product?
- Is the item on backorder (should be specified on the packing ticket)?
- Have you received all your shipped boxes? The number of boxes shipped may be located on the upper right-hand corner of the FedEx label.
- If possible, please keep all external boxes. At times, information from the boxes is helpful in determining specific delivery information.
- If all the steps above have been reviewed, please call Customer Service within 5 days of receipt of order.
On occasion, FedEx may incorrectly deliver a package or Salon Innovations may have shipped a box that belongs to another salon. Please
call Customer Service as soon as possible.
To redeem a gift certificate, follow these steps:
- You need your unique gift certificate code, which is part of the gift certificate that was emailed to you as an attachment. It will look something like Z50-Y6K-COS-402.
- Browse the store and add items to your cart.
- Visit the cart to view the items you have selected to purchase.
- Click “Process to Checkout”.
- Type your gift certificate code into the “Promo/Gift Certificate” box and click “Apply” to apply the balance.
On occasion, due to technical difficulties, we may be unable to provide price labels. Please have price labels stocked within your salon for
It is Salon Innovations’ goal to ship your order within 24 hours from the time it was placed. At times, we experience a high volume of
orders. Please know, your business is very important to us and we are working very hard to get your orders out on a consistent and timely
basis. If you ever have a concern, please feel free to call Customer Service so we can investigate the delay.
The products approved for Great Clips represent the best selling products in brand selection and categories. Certain products are added or removed
so that your product offerings reflect those items that are top sellers based on Great Clips retail sales and national salon retail sales.
Don’t see your favorite in our product mix? Submit it on My Great Idea.
No, all items sold by Salon Innovations are new direct from the manufacturer. Because items are purchased in large quantities and sold exclusively to Great Clips, Salon Innovations is able to negotiate great prices, and is usually able to pass along those savings.
By definition, diversion is when products designed and meant for exclusive distribution at a specific store end up on the shelves of an unintended
store. In terms of the beauty industry, diversion occurs when professional salon products are sold at non-salon locations.
Unfortunately, no. There are breaches in contracts between manufacturers and distributors as a result of the diversion, but a vendor cannot demand
the removal of their product from an unauthorized store.
Diverted professional products are obtained through the “gray” or “black” market. In many instances these products have been found to be old,
counterfeit or containing harmful bacteria. These products may not be safe to use and are not guaranteed by the manufacturer
This is a common misconception. Diverted products tend to go through many channels during the black market process. In the end, this makes
the prices higher and allows the diverters to make more money. Sometimes the product can cost up to twice as much as you would pay in a salon!
In order to protect national professional salon brands and to ensure that consumers only receive the highest quality products for their specific hair
needs, our vendors are committed to aggressively combating diversion through advanced coding and tracking of their products.
Information Regarding Special Circumstances
- A backorder is an item in which we are temporarily out-of-stock when the order is placed and will ship automatically when the item becomes available.
- On occasion, product manufacturers run out-of-stock. Salon Innovations typically stocks 6 weeks of inventory to allow ample cushion so that salons are not affected. If we do run out-of-stock on a liquid product, we may ask salons to reorder at a later date. We ask a salon to reorder because the product’s arrival may be unpredictable, backordering products is often difficult for the salon environment to manage and reorders prevent duplicate shipments.
- Great Clips Gear and Tools are typically placed on backorder if they are temporarily out of stock.
- Please always refer to your packing ticket regarding backorder status.
- The shipping of any liquid product is very difficult. You may experience an occasional damaged or leaking product. Please call Customer Service, we would be happy to replace or credit the product for you.
- Customer product returns due to dissatisfaction should be used on your back bar, donated, or thrown away. If a customer returns any product due to malfunction or defect, please call Customer Service. TIP: Try exchanging the returned product for a product that is more suitable to the customer’s needs.
- Shears: Shears have a 7 day trial period and a 30 day warranty for defects, supported through Salon Innovations. After 30 days, please contact the manufacturer directly.
- Irons & Dryers: The full-warranty (length varies per tool) is supported through Salon Innovations. Some exceptions may apply.
- Trimmers & Clippers: 30 day warranty for defects supported through Salon Innovations. After 30 days, please contact the manufacturer directly.
- If you wish to return a salon tool (clippers, trimmers, irons, dryers and shears) due to dissatisfaction with performance, appearance, price, etc. please contact Customer Service for a Return Authorization Number within 30 days of purchase.
- Overstock product will only be accepted on rare occasions under special circumstances and within 30 days of purchase. If you find yourself in an overstock status, it is in your best interest to sell the product at a discount while still making a profit. Always check with your Franchisee or General Manager before discounting a product. Salon Innovations does have a Clearance Kit available.